1. Images for Grid Album or Page
It is very important that we prepare our images prior to uploading in order to optimize the page loading times. The images may be around 50 kilobytes and no heavier than 100 kilobytes each.
We can add as much images we want to the page, but more than about 25 images and the page may become slow loading.
Images of different sizes will produce an uneven masonry-like effect, we should keep them small, approximately:
- 640 x 480 pixels for landscapes
- 480 x 640 pixels for portraits
There are several image compression software available for the Mac, I use JpegMini with great results: http://www.jpegmini.com
2. Rapidweaver Photo Album image scaling and thumbnails size
You may want to disable the Photo Album image scaling in order to improve image quality. Thumbnails quality can be also increased using the related lever as shown in the screenshot below:
3. Panel background image
For the left panel we may use the following dimensions:
270 x 1000 pixels
Note that the background image will repeat if the browser reaches its end.
How to use the My Image option:
- Use images in jpg compression
- Drag & drop your image at RapidWeaver resources and name it panel-bg-001.jpg
- At Page Styles > Panel Options choose My Image 1
This way we may use up to 10 different images in our panels.